Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seek Out The Lonely Places

Luke 15:16 Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

This scripture spoke to me today. It reminds me that we are dependant on the times that we spend away from people and plans. If we only spend time doing without refueling we are going to be running on empty. I constantly feel the pressure to be doing more. The worth of people is often evaluated by how much they do with their time. In stark contrast, Jesus reminds us that we need to spend time with the Father. I am cranky, mean, and disillusioned when I don't spend time with my Abba. I need his life flowing through me. The most valuable time we can spend for people is away from people. In these times we can fill up on Jesus. Then we can go back to our friends and family and transfuse to them the Living God.

1 comment:

Lynnie Ha said...

...mmmm.... good food to ponder. :)